Tuesday 12 August 2014

Bees and Books

The bee situation has improved a bit. After the oilseed rape went out of flower there was a late harvest - partly from field beans, I think, and partly from blackberry flowers which, with the hot sun in July, spread over the hedgerows in their millions. I ended up with about 150 lbs of honey - still a lot less than usual but quite enough for what I need. I've got two more outlets selling my honey, the garage at Shipton-under-Wychwood and Applegarth Garden Centre in Chipping Norton (in addition to Trevor Beadle the Chipping Norton butcher).  On Saturday 16 August at 1.30 I'll be discussing The Unexpected Professor with Steven Gale in the Baillie Gifford Main Theatre at the Edinburgh International Book Festival in Charlotte Square.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Is there any further reading you would recommend on this?

Amela
northamptonshire garden centre

9 December 2014 at 01:30  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home